MTN Rwanda Subscribers Face Internet Disruptions Due To Undersea Cable Disruptions

MTN Internet subscribers in Rwanda have been experiencing network disruptions for some days. This is due to EASSy undersea cable disruptions detected between Djibouti and Port Sudan, which carries 80% of the telecommunication company’s international Internet traffic. According to Yvonne Manzi Makolo, MTN Rwanda’s Chief Marketing Officer, “the impact is substantial as we are now remaining with 20% of our capacity…we have currently channelled all our traffic through an alternative route through Uganda.”

[Source: Rwanda Focus]


Top