Nigeria’s biggest online shopping mall, Konga has announced the launch of KongaPay, its own payment solution, to customers outside of the Konga platform.
This move further demonstrates Konga’s commitment to being the engine of trade and commerce in not just Nigeria but Africa as whole.
With KongaPay, customers simply take a photo of any item they want to sell and a payment QR code will be generated for them.
Customers are then able to share their QR code on their favourite social media platforms, thereby providing a unique gateway for them to reach both local and international markets.
Konga’s CEO, Shola Adekoya said, “Konga is launching KongaPay payment solution because we want Nigerians and Africans at large to experience the best of service at their convenience. This means we constantly evolve to be more relevant to customers and society,”
He added, “We are extending KongaPay to other consumers outside of the Konga.com’s platform because it is designed to be fast, reliable, secure, flexible and above all provides a best-in-class financial solution to Nigerians and Africa at large.”
KongaPay, which Nigerian customers have already been using for a while now, also has the following offerings.
- Instant refunds – a 1st in Nigeria.
- Every phone is a POS.
- Pay with just your phone number and 4-digit PIN.
- Set up payment subscriptions and recurring payments.
- Send money to any Nigerian phone number in your contacts, without asking for an account number.
- Fully customizable iOS, Android and Web SDKs to enable merchants integrate and customize as necessary.
- Pay offline. Just show your QR code at any participating merchant store.
- Me-Commerce – a 1st in the world, where a user can create a shareable QR code for an item and get it out into social networks, thus enabling payments on Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp – all through KongaPay.
According to Konga, KongaPay is the first payment solution in the world to entrench these collective solutions into one product.
Beyond being an e-commerce platform for trade, KongaPay has positioned Konga as a solution provider and a pacesetter to other e-commerce platforms on how e-commerce can contribute to employment generation, entrepreneurial empowerment, ecosystem development and also help in the economic growth of Nigeria and Africa.
Image Credit: Pulse.ng