SheHive Abuja brought together the high & mighty to empower young Nigerian women

Dr Hadiza Audu (Consultant Psychiatrist for Gede Foundation) speaking about mental health and wellness

SheHive Abuja, an innovative professional bootcamp, took place in Nigeria’s capital, Abuja from March 17-20, 2016, bringing together the high and mighty in the society to empower the young women in attendance.

The bootcamp afforded the attendees, who were well over 100, the opportunity of learning new skills required to take them up the corporate ladder.

The attendees learnt how to negotiate, develop a pitch deck, identify job opportunities, speak with investors and much more.

On hand to speak at the event were Nigerian Minister for the Environment, Hadiza Bala Usman (co-founder #Bringbackourgirls), Governor el Rufai, leading lawyer Asue Ighodalo as well as MTV Base and The Voice Presenter Stephanie Coker.

These speakers covered topics such as building a career in the public sector, public speaking, and how to orchestrate an internationally recognised campaign.

There was more for attendees who purchased the exclusive All Access Pass. They were visited by 2 of Nigeria’s most prominent investors – the Nigerian Minister for Trade, Investment & Industry as well as the Head of the Nigerian Sovereign Wealth Fund.

All attendees walked away with free gifts from Lumo Natural, Hairfinity, Maybelline NYC and Dark & Lovely as well as a NGN1,000 gift certificate for Nkataa, Nigeria’s premiere online supermarket.

All in all, the event was a huge success. The feedbacks [1] from the attendees and the social media impressions [2] are a testament to that.

The event was supported by a wonderful set of people and organizations such as Adama Indimi, Chidera Okolie, Mamza Beauty, Style Temple, Ugo ( and Rahama Sadau (KannyWood Actress).

SheHive Abuja is the brainchild of She Leads Africa, a social enterprise dedicated to supporting young African women and their journey towards professional success.

SheHive Abuja is part of the SheHive Tour which will take the bootcamp to several cities in 2016 including London, New York, Nairobi and Johannesburg.

[1] Attendee feedback: 80% of them gave the event a 5/5 in terms of usefulness with the remaining 20% giving the event a 4/5.

[2] On Twitter, the #SheHiveAbuja hashtag made 2.5million impressions in one week, while on Instagram, the hashtag made over 5.5million impressions.

Reminder: Applications are currently being accepted for She Leads Africa’s women-only accelerator. Applications will close on May 31, 2016.

Sponsored Links

Related posts