The training will be in two phases. The first will see iHub train 90 refugees in 4 main camps on Android programming. The course will comprise both theoretical and practical aspects of Android.
The training curriculum comprises the following.
- Understanding and appreciating mobile ecosystem, development, platform specific tools and techniques.
- How to develop apps for android smart devices and other occasionally connected mobile devices such as tablets.
- Understanding development and business opportunities for mobile platforms.
- Appreciating the differences and advantages of Android and Mobile Web Technologies in application development.
- Creating simple applications based on Android programming language.
- Understanding and putting in practice the best practices of android mobile application development.
- Knowing how to distribute and monetize android apps particularly on the google app play store
At the end of the four months program, the students will create real-life apps which can serve as a basis for their future projects. The program has already started!
Last year, iHub conducted a one day training session for some of the refugees from Dadaab refugee camp at mlab East Africa.
That training led to this new partnership with Danish Refugee Camp as it was evident that the students needed further in-depth and practical training on Android Programming.