In no particular order, the startups are described below.
- HQ Renewable Tech, a startup dedicated to bringing dead and neglected solar and automotive batteries to Life.
- GoSun Stove, a clean, safe and practical fuel-free cooking technology to feed the world, while bolstering energy independence and social equity.
- Krinotech Solutions, a web and native mobile application that helps users to save and invest money while making regular calls from their devices.
- Chalkboard Education, a company offers plug-and-play mobile learning solutions that work on any device and without an Internet connection.
- Swappaholics, a startup that enables individuals and businesses to connect and swap products and services in a social setting without the need for money.
- Cocktail Insights, a social media analytics and marketing tool enabling eCommerce businesses and merchants maximize the returns of their social media marketing.
- SynCommerce, a startup that provides you an effective and easy to use tool to manage and synchronize inventory and orders across multiple sales channels.
- TECHAiDE, an all-in one content delivery system that is a low-power, durable device that reaches low-income, Internet free places in the World.
- Landmapp, a startup that offers affordable land rights documentation for smallholder farmers and builds accurate data profiles to broker additional services.
- Nubian Oryx, a low-cost, low-carbon urban housing in African cities using sustainable earthbag building technology.
“After reviewing all the startups that applied to SeedStars Accra 2016, we feel very confident that this will be another successful event, one which will showcase Ghana’s potential as an exporter of technology. Competition will be fierce this year, and we hope that the winner will represent our country proudly in the SeedStars Summit in Switzerland,” said Victor Kelechi, Community Manager at Impact Hub Accra.
On August 21, all the startups will be at Impact Hub, a co-working space located in Accra, to pitch to a panel of judges for a chance to emerge winner.
The winning startup will be crowned the most promising seed-stage startup of Seedstars World Ghana 2016 and will fly Ghana’s flag at Seedstars Summit in Switzerland.
At the Summit, it will compete with other amazing startups from across the world for a chance to emerge winner and win up to US$1.5 million in equity investment prizes.
“Last year we found our startup Asoriba here, who won our African Regional Summit and made it to the top 10 at our Global summit. For us, this is a confirmation that exceptional talent can be found in Ghana and we are looking forward to meeting this year’s batch of talented entrepreneurs,” said Selam Kebede, Associate for Seedstars World Africa.
Seedstars Accra is organized in partnership with Impact hub Accra, Orange, Brussels Airlines, Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology, VC4A, Barcamp, Ghana Think, Lionesses of Africa and TEDx Ghana.