Seedstars World, the global seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes, has selected 11 startups to pitch at the Ivorian leg of its competition.
- Mon artisan, a platform that allows you to quickly and easily find skilled craftsmen.
- Aphelion Energy, a platform that delivers, installs and modernises solar energy solutions in rural areas.
- FORTITUDE, a web platform dedicated to online videos courses for students and parents.
- Kalejob, a web and mobile application to help unemployed young people find jobs and apply to vacancies easily via SMS without the need of internet access.
- DJAZI, a tool that lets anyone easily find domestic services.
- COLIBA, an early stage waste management online mobile application which seeks to help users separate their waste.
- Etudesk, a web platform permitting academic institutions to set up their e-learning platform easily and allows them to offer high quality courses.
- Traffety, a safety tracking tool letting users know anytime where in his network emergency services are required.
- SimPay, a startup that offer small loans via credit card use among our partners possessing our mobile credit card readers.
- Syca SAS, a startup which offers a global interoperability solution to simplify and bring out the digital payment in Africa.
- ZoomVocal SARL, a startup that gives people the chance to learn new competences through audio and at their own rhythm.
On August 29, 2016 at Colab Abidjan, the 11 startups will pitch to a panel of judges, which comprise Pierre-Alain Masson, co-founder, Seedstars, Laureen Kouassi Olsson, Regional Head West Africa, Amethis Finance, and Vangsy Goma, CEO, Africab.
The jury will pick one winner, who will be crowned the most promising seed-stage startup of Seedstars World Côte d’Ivoire 2016 and fly the country’s flag at Seedstars Summit next year.
At the Summit, it will compete with other amazing startups from across the world for a chance to emerge winner and win up to US$1.5 million in equity investment prizes.
“We honestly think the best way to have an impact in emerging countries is by investing and promoting entrepreneurship in emerging markets,” said Claudia Makadristo, Associate for Africa at Seedstars World.
She added, “We look forward to seeing how the Ivorian startup scene has evolved in a year and we are excited to discover the new startups in Côte d’Ivoire!”
The event is organized in partnership with local ambassador Rites Massamba, CEO and Founder of IFID Solutions, Colab Abidjan, Swiss Embassy, Orange, Ovillage, the Beezy Group Africa, and Brussels Airlines.