Nine startups have been selected to pitch at Seedstars Dakar, the Senegalese leg of Seedstars World, a startup competition for emerging markets. They are highlighted below.
- Weebi: A hardware/software products that lets shopkeepers keep track of their clients debt through their technology.
- PayDunya: One only API that accepts payments anywhere in the world from all african mobile money wallets and credit/debit cards.
- JokkoText: A service that allows musicians to sign up, add, sell their music with payment methods specific to each country, privileging mobile payment.
- Morinnove: A twitter-like network that helps anyone find information about their frequently used product and services.
- DIRECT SOLUTION SARL: A company that provides financial products for Africans to improve financial inclusion.
- Wutiko Professional network for Africa that lets anyone find jobs and jobseekers with their innovative job board technology.
- Sharek (Solutions Makers): An application that let’s anyone transfer anything they wish fast and easily.
- Seni Apps: An app that lets craftsmen manage the consumption of electricity.
- Karangue (2s Technologies): An application that reminds moms for pre and postnatal visits and vaccination appointments for their child in their local languages.
The startups will pitch to a prestigious jury on October 14, 2016 at Jokkolabs with the top startup crowned the most promising seed-stage startup of Seedstars World Senegal 2016.
The winning startup will go on to represent Senegal at the global finals of the competition where it’ll compete with other startups from across the world for investments.
“Seedstars World is an amazing opportunity for the best entrepreneurs of emerging countries to be identified. The selected start-ups “those that will shape our future” will benefit from access to a great network and community, media exposure and overall the opportunity to connect with leading investors,” said Claudia Makadristo, Associate for Seedstars World.
Seedstars Dakar is organized in partnership with local ambassador Concree, Orange, Microsoft, Brussels Airlines, Intel and venue partner, Jokkolabs.